Enjoyed making this one !
Archive for February, 2012
Hey guys !
Beading is so much fun and its very easy . I have uploaded a free instruction for making beaded motif .Hope u guys like it 🙂
– 18 4 mm oval red /crimson colored glass beads
-6 green glass pearls (6mm)
-6 Orangeoval glass bead(6mm)
– Nylon beading string . ( I have used a fairly thicker one as the beads used are big ones ,one change this according bead size /pattern and strength that is needed )
1 .Take 6 ,4mm oval dark pink /red glass beads(R1 -6) and thread them in a line and tie a knot to make the basic circle
2 .Travel back from bead 1 to bead 6 .Let the thread come out of bead 6
3. Insert a 6m green glass pearl (GP1) ,6mm glass orange bead(O1) and followed by 6m green glass pearl (GP2) again . Thread through the other end of R6 in form a loop and come out of R1
4. Insert green glass pearl ,orange glass bead and thread through GP 1 ,R1 and come out of R2 .
5. Similarly repeat step 4 till 6 green glass pearl has been inserted
6. Once all the 6 pearls have been threaded as above ,then pass the string through the GP2, insertOrangeglass bead (O6) and pass through the GP6 , let the thread come out of GP2 Thus finishing the whole circle.
7.Now insert one red 4mm oval glass bead R7 ,and thread through the O1.Come out O1
8. Insert 2 more Red oval glass beads (R8 and 9) and thread through O2 .Reapeat this step till the thread comes out of O6
9. Insert the last Red oval bead and pass the thread through R7 .Continue to pass the thread once again through all the red beadd andOrangebead (1-6)
10 .Hitch stitch OR tie knot and secure the thread ends
11 .cut off the lose end of thread .
And Hola !, your own beaded motif is ready
Click the link below to download a free beading instruction with pictures
Have fun !
I know that I havent updated my shop and blog with my new stuff.I havent been able to do much lately.
This is one of my new one
Ebay – the best and one of the easiest way to start selling our handmade stuff. It is quite effective .With the recent offer where ebay is offering no fees for listing either auction or Buy it now types of listing , it has never been better
So ,coming to the fact how efficient it is easy to sell on ebay – I do think that there are both positives and negatives when coming to sell on ebay
1. Easy to list
2. Higher exposure to customers online
3 . No need to extra marketing4 . No need to set up an online shop in order to sell
1 .low profits
2. fees charged per sale
3. sometimes even listing fee .
The low profit margin makes selling handmade goods a heart break where many of the times ,one has to sell for a loss as he /she is actually bound to sell at any cost once a bid has been place
On the other hand selling in sites like Etsy ,Artfire,zibbet etc , the profit margins are quite good as there is considerable reward paid for the effort and labour put in to make any item.
Again in such sites ,one has be to a upgraded member and pay a monthly fees .set up a shop with banner and SEO quality listings .In addition one has to do extra marketing like blogging , tweets , facebook updates and use of sites like stumbleupon,digg, etc
Well this is a just a bird eye’s view for people like me who are just starting to make art and craft to be their business /profession .
The following are some online shopping sites
Since I started researching sites which are best suited for selling handmade the following are some sites which allow people all over the world to set up shops with them
Well there are many more ,but I have just listed a few . Will update you guys with more sites the moment I know
Also feel free to add in more sites
We had been working so much that we completely lost track of time .After 4 years of continious work routine ,we did get a break and booked our vacation to America .
Yep .. Never actually thought that I would be travelling to America . The best part of this vacation was that I was finally meeting my sister after 6 long years .
The vacation could not have been any better .We visited Orlando (where my sister lives ) ,played with my twin niece and ofcourse travelled a lot
Visited Washington DC ,New york ,Las vegas and Grand Canyon .Now I am back home .. Cherishing and remembering every moment of the great time .Rejuvinated myself to enjoy life more than ever .Hope this new year will bring better future prospects to one and all .