Stamping is fun . especially when one can get such cute stamps .
I bought these stamps from lincraft store .
These are so immensely helpful when you want create own card toppers .
First step: Stamp
Stamp the images with various colored inks etc . but ensure you don’t stamp all on one single paper
Stamp each image on papers that is atleast the size of small note book ..
Reason : You can then cut these stamped images to any shape or size for your card
Second step :
Let the stamped images to dry out .
Third step : Colour
Use sketches ,texters .paints .colour pencils ,water colour pencils . etc – infact any medium to colour .
Be careful not smudge the image .
In some cases you can skip this step, if you are stamping using colored inks etc or stamped an image that does not need any colouring
Final step :
Cut out the stamped image in required shape or size as needed ..for your card
Doing so , also gives us more card making ideas and also saves huge amount of time when you are actually designing or making your greeting card .
Making handmade greeting cards is fun and very addictive .Not very complicated either .You must be thinking that I am going to tell various techniques that one can use to make greeting cards .Well actually – kind of yes and kind of no
Although the following are the various techniques
– Parchment paper
– Iris folding
– Origami folding
– Die cuts
Etc and so on on ..
I wanted to give very simple card making ideas :
1. Combine techniques : Merge any 2 techniques and see how you card comes out.. For eg : Make a card topper using the stamping method and see how that card will look on embossed card or use quilled paper shapes around the topper as a border .
2. Draw and color : One can create simple card toppers by just drawing /tracing an image from magazines / activity books /.paper .etc .
3. Create in different colors : Say you make one card which you think is a winner m recreate the same on in different colors using different pattern paper
4. Cut outs : Do you have any gift bags lying around that you are about throw away ??check again , It can be used for pattern paper or stickers . Cut out images and shapes to have own stickers. Same can be applied to old greeting cards , magazines,gift wrap paper etc .Wherever you can see an image .
5. Digital picture : this is also called Digital embellishments .Take a print of the image and use the same to make your card.Google is best repository of images .Please be aware of copy rights!
6. Doodles : Very similar to idea #2 above but one need not draw very accurate or actual picture .Even doodles can be used in card making. Simple pens ,gel pens , fine liner pens can be used to doodle .Doodle while you watch TV or while travelling .
There you go , a few ideas for card making .These are very simple techniques to make the main “image “section of the card.Once that is done ,designing the greeting card becomes very easy .
Thanks guys for liking my previous blogs .I feel very much encouraged to write more
I once read in internet to one need not have too many items to create beautiful greetting cards.I really feel that is so true .
In this card of mine , I have used only the following items
– Card stock
– A piece of pattern paper
– Acrylic butterfly stamp
– Black stamp ink
– purple colored paper
I am also uploading a free card making template that I used for this card.
Though I have made my own card topper (i.e butterfly image) for making this card , one can use any ready made card toppers like stickers to give a different look to this card .
The shape of the card topper can also be changed from square to a circular shape and the card will look totally different ,not to mention various color combinations
This card making template is quite versatile and with minimum alterations and changes a very variatons of cards can be made ..
Since there is no quotation or sentiments written on this card , this card can be used for any occasion like birthdays ,Thank you card , anniversery etc
I guess I have listed one more item to play and explore 🙂
Have Fun !